- 25 years of full-time in-house and freelance professional translating and interpreting experience.
- Native Czech speaker with native-level English proficiency.
- Passed U.S. Department of State interpreting tests (simultaneous and consecutive, 1996), EU contract translator tests (English and Spanish to Czech, 2012) and EU staff proofreader tests (Czech, 2012).
- Lived 20+ years in the Czech Republic and 20+ years in the United States and 1 year in Estonia.
- Work experience in both the Czech Republic and the United States.
- Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic. MA, Library Sciences, 1992.
- Software Localization, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2001.
- 60+ days of training while employed by Oracle as an ERP software localizer: software development, software QA, general business, accounting, manufacturing management, logistics, HRM, resource planning, warehousing, CRM.
- Continued professional development: attendance at conferences of American Translators Association (2002, 2012) and Mid-America Chapter of ATA (2011) including professional workshops, and medical translation conference MedTranslate 2014.
- Taught workshops on medical and pharmaceutical translation, SDL Trados Studio and other translation tools (Prague, Czech Republic, 2014 and 2015)
Resources and Tools
- Trados Studio 2017
- memoQ 2015
- LogiTerm Pro